Volunteer with us!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Communities in Schools of South Carolina to provide in-school or community support for students.
For information regarding event volunteering, regional advisory boards, or corporate opportunities, please email email@example.com.
The information and details provided below are for ongoing volunteer opportunities within CISSC school sites. Opportunities may include lunch buddies, math mentors, literacy leaders, classroom champions and mentors.
Before being placed at a CISSC school site, you will need to complete the following:
- CISSC Volunteer Registration Form
Complete the volunteer registration form for Communities in Schools of South Carolina.
- Background Check
CISSC provides services in seven school districts across South Carolina. Please complete a background check with the school district you plan to volunteer at. Each school district is listed below with a link to their background check form. The form may ask that you select a specific school to volunteer at, select “All” if you do not know what school you’ll be placed at. Once you complete the background check, two emails will be sent: the first will indicate it is being processed and the second will note your approval status. Please forward the approval email or send a screenshot of it to Michelle Bornfleth at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see a list of sites where CISSC provides services, click here.
- Berkeley County School District
- Charleston County School District
- Greenville County School District (Please select Level II)
- Fairfield County School District
- Hampton County School District – on site at Hampton County School District Office
- Lexington County School District
- Richland County School District One
Once an approved background check is received, you will receive information on how to complete the following trainings:
- Darkness to Light Stewards of Children child abuse prevention training. Please email the certificate of completion to email@example.com
- CISSC Volunteer Training
- Placement at CISSC School Site
As an approved volunteer, you will be connected to a Regional Director of Programming to discuss school placement options, specific opportunities within the school site, your availability, and age group preference to work with. The Director of Programming will connect you with a Site Coordinator who will be your main point of contact and relationship manager during your volunteer service at the school site.